Buick HEI Distributor problem with 215 V8

To: mgb-v8 <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Buick HEI Distributor problem with 215 V8
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:01:40 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I recently ordered a Buick HEI (GMs electronic coil-in-the-cap distributor) to install in my '62 Buick 215 V8 equipped MGB. I knew that the HEI distributors are taller and larger diameter than were the stock items but this was supposed to fit all sorts of Buick V8s including the 215. However, when I test fitted it the edge of the distributor base is just catching the front left side of the intake manifold. I would need to take off about a quarter inch of the bolt head and intake manifold to fit the distributor. Has anybody fitted an HEI distributor on a 215? If so, how did they modify the intake manifold. Thanks.

Kevin

'66 MGBGT V8 (stroked and bored 283)
'78 MGB V8 (215)

///
/// mgb-v8@autox.team.net mailing list
/// Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net
/// Send list postings to mgb-v8@autox.team.net
/// Edit your replies! If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.