Re: 65 MGB WIring Harness

To: <rshellen@comcast.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 65 MGB WIring Harness
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:20:49 +0100
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Pull it out from the cockpit, and insert it from the cockpit also.  The
large rubber grommet only seals one aperture, as I recall there is a second
close to it, watch you don't snag the wrapping and insulation on this, a
length of split cable sheath around the hole helps.  On an early car the
harness is probably thin enough to remove and insert quite easily.  On a
1980 I found it easier to tape the spurs in the engine compartment to the
main part of the harness, some pointing forwards and some back to make as
even a thickness as possible.  If you let them all point forwards you can
end up with a bunch too thick to pull through the hole.

What burned the old harnes?  It is often a component that does this, that
will still be on the car, and will burn the new harness unless you find and
fix the original problem first.

PaulH.