Re: TR6 V8 Conversion

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 V8 Conversion
From: "Carl Floyd" <cmfloyd@chartertn.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 12:15:40 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
<<The small block ford weighs more than the Triumph straight six, but not
substantially.>>

Or not. A Ford 302 with aluminum heads will be lighter than the Triumph
straight six iron engine.

It's a great swap. Go to http://www.britishv8.org/swaps/1971.htm and read
what Dan Masters has to say on the subject. Also, check out the other TR6 V8
swaps. http://www.britishv8.org/swaps/1971.htm

If you are a Chevy man try this one:
http://www.britishv8.org/swaps/tr6350.htm  I personally have 6-7 hours of
driving time in this machine. I can't even entertain the notion of a stock
TR6.

Good luck,

Carl F.
MGBV8 in TN