Re: The continuing saga

To: "Chris & Kelly Sharp" <4sharps@cox.net>, "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The continuing saga
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:35:58 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Chris,  I don't remember the details of your project, but if this motor has
been down for a long time, the rings may just be gummed up..  Have you done
wet compression test yet?

If you want to you could pull the pistons out and clean everything, but I
would be more inclined to pour some solvent into the bores and let them soak
a bit.  If the thing is already in the car, I'd say finish up and drive it
for a while to see if they seal back up.

It is probably worth a try.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGTV8
71 MGB Tourer