the cooling hood mods etc.

To: v8 <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: the cooling hood mods etc.
From: "Schaner's Waste Water Products inc." <john@schaners.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:49:54 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
        hello all
been on the list for about 4 months and thought to give my experience
re the cooling problems, though i am not running a rover or buick v8

just finished my 58 mga, ground up, with a 2003 fuel injected firebird
v6 manual trans, and full computer etc, electric fans and a 65 mustang
radiator radiator, i am running un coated headers through the fender
wells and it gets pretty hot.

as you can imagine the engine bay is a very tight fit, i was concerned
about the heat so i simply louvered the hood. Had a problem finding
someone who could add louvers to the mga hood, so i bought a custom
louver panel from someone of the net. total cost including the metal
louvering and shipping was 65.00, and the turn around was only one
week. then we cut out the opening in the hood and pop riveted the
louvered panel.

this guy charges only one dollar per louver on your hood or on a panel

End result was that the temp in the engine bay has dropped 35 degrees.

any one wnating the name of the louver guy send me an email
1958mga@schaners.com