Checking springs.

To: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Subject: Checking springs.
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 08:36:48 -0700
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
This experience comes from my days racing.  The way we checked springs
then required three measurements; spring height, diameter, and spring
rate.  The height and diameter you can measure with a tape.  The spring
rate need to be done on a spring compressor.  This device has a guage on
it to tell the ft. lbs. of force of the spring under compression.

There is a formula for the amount of spring rate you need for you car.
Unfortunately I don't have it handy.

Alternatively you can change springs in and out until you find two that
work well together.

        Regards,
        Tom