MGB V8 ...Costello?

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB V8 ...Costello?
From: "Roger Comer" <roger@eagle-carbide.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 11:08:58 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Anyone:

Hi, I'm new to the autox.team.net list so I hope you'll understand any
indiscretions while I learn the ropes.

I'm having problems with the FI system. The injectors in particular...the
rubber feed hose is leaking and some are weeping fuel. My car has a Costello
logo on the FI plenum but I think the basic FI plenum below the Costello cover
is standard. I'm trying to get the lower plenum off of the inlet manifold so
that I can remove the injectors for service.

Can the lower plenum complete with air inlet trumpets be removed with the
inlet manifold still attached to the motor?

I've removed all fasteners that I can see from trumpet side of plenum but even
with rubber hammer it doesn't want to move!  Am I missing something?

I'd really appreciate some input.

Roger

PS: I really enjoyed meeting so many great people at the V-8 meeting in TN a
couple weeks ago.