Oil pressure sensors

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil pressure sensors
From: "Simon Austin" <simon_mgb@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 15:29:59 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hi team,

Sorry if you're getting this message twice.  I got it sent back to me via
the list and there wasn't any message.  Let's try it again:

I've got the "metric" oil pump cover that I'd like to use on my Rover along
with the swivel oil filter mount (such as D&D sells).  What I'd like to know
is, how do I hook up the oil pressure sensor (mechanical, because I'm using
the original gauge)?  Those of you using this system, can you pass on how
you did it?  The metric cover has no provision for a sensor and I haven't
seen the swivel mount to know if it has one.  I have thought of drilling and
tapping a hole into the cover and using the original MGB oil hose adapter
that bolted into the rear of the block. I have two of the metric covers (one
will be used for test purposes as it's not in the best of conditions).

I know if I go to a remote filter set-up using the original MGB V8 kit, the
cover has a sensor mounted on it.  Trouble is, the cover is pretty expensive
here in BC. (probably expensive everywhere!)

Any ideas or tips on how to go about it would be appreciated.

Cheers
Simon Austin