More Question From "Wanting To Renew My Effort Or Bail Out "

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: More Question From "Wanting To Renew My Effort Or Bail Out "
From: Forrest Erickson <leeerickson@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 14:39:31 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Thanks to those of you who replied to my first posting.  The replies sent to me
by email do not appear on the
http://www.team.net/html_arc/mgb-v8/200211/ site.  Any ideas why no threads?

Anyway, I found an EBAY item which interested me.  Please see the link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1874070426

This engine has a ?Rover? fuel injection system.  Is this fuel injection likely
to fit under the bonnet of my MGB?
Any idea if it will work with a T5 or T50 transmission?

Thanks,
Forrest Erickson

My previous post:

Greetings,
I have a 1972 wire wheel MGB.
I started a V8 conversion in 1984, but have become stuck (for quite some time
now)
I got a 283 small block and a ?Turbo 350? and tried to put it in some what.
I welded up some mounts attached to the front of the engine and attached on
some after market mounts bolted on the frame rails.
I cut up the rear transmission mount and fitted it to the transmission.  The
engine sits in the engine bay with a 6 degree up
hill attitude.
I used hockey pucks with a hole drilled through as spacers between the body and
the front member.
This got me some of the clearance for the steering shaft but I feel it not to
be enough.

I guess I would consider starting over with a Buick or rover engine, but am a
little afraid to restart for fear of loosing my
way and feeling defeated again.  Suggestions on where to start would be
appreciated.  I have the how to give your MG V8 power
book and news letters but can't seam to see the big picture.
Should I take out the 283 and transmission and sell them then find a Buick or
Rover and then what?

Thanks,
Forrest Erickson

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
leeerickson.vcf]