Need help finding MGB part

To: MGB-v8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need help finding MGB part
From: James <m1garandusa@netscape.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:26:09 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
As a few of you know, I'm trying to get the 4-banger in my restored 77B
up and running so that it can make the trip from my folks place in NY
down to DC where I'm going to do the engine swap.  The one engine part I
couldn't find was the transition piece that goes between the engine
block and the spin-on oil filter.  The only one available in catalogs is
the pre-72 model which holds the oil-canister on top (to be removed from
above, rather than under the engine) and also runs about $150.00.

I have three (and a half) questions:

1:  Is there any difference (functionaly) between the upward and
downward mounts?  Or could I use either one?  (Interestingly enough, I
have a '71 short-block with '77 heads, since the original owner bunged
up the original block)

2 (and 1/2):  Does anyone know where I can pick one up used or if there
is any kind of generic equivalent?  Since so many of you have take the
1800cc out of your cars, does anyone have one available for sale or
long-term loan?

3: If push comes to shove, can anyone recommend a car-shipping service
on the east coast, and an approximate cost for such a service?

Thanks to all,
James J.