Re: Shock help

To: "Larry" <larry@larryembrey.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shock help
From: "Frank van Dalen" <frank.vandalen@fae.storkgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:36:12 +0100
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Larry,

It seems to me you're worrying too much. Relax! These dampers are so damn
simple (remember their original design, for the Y-type, goes back to the
forties) there is very little that can go wrong with them. On my B, when it
was still a standard 4 cylinder car, I had exactly your problem: when going
through long turns in highway junctions at 60 mph, a bump in the road would
move the car a couple of feet to the outside of the curve. Refilling the
dampers fixed this, it is routine maintenance, and if it hasn't been done
for a few decades there is no surprise if they don't perform well. Try the
simple solution first; then if you're not happy consider a more expensive
option.

Regards

Frank