Re: Ford 302 in '75 B

To: <mgdude22@webtv.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ford 302 in '75 B
From: "Larry" <larry@larryembrey.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 20:12:02 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sounds like lots of us are doing it, not many completed...  I have my engine
in the car fir 1st time.  Here are things I am running into...  (This is my
1st look at it in the car)

1.  The bellhousing is tight to the tunnel when the engine is placed back as
far as posible. (time to "dress" the tunnel, though I need to work on engine
mounting/angle before I do this)
2.  There are tabs on my block that hit the OE engine mounts on frame. (will
cut mounts and maybe tabs.)
3.  It looks like my crank pulley will land smack dab on my swaybar. (remove
swaybar, not sure what next.
4.  When I had engine down to what I thought was low wnough, the CARB (no
aircleaner) it tight agains the bonnet padding when closed,meaning not
enough room for air cleaner.. (Hopefully can lower engine more..?)

Larry
www.larryembrey.com/mgb
(check the tech and photo sections for V8 info...)