Re: Edelbrock/Weber

To: Simon Green <sgreen@eurobell.net>
Subject: Re: Edelbrock/Weber
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:41:02 -0600
Cc: MGB Newsgroup <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Simon,

Per the MG V8 newsletter, Weber makes the Edelbrock 500 cfm and Carter
500 cfm carburetors.  They say that the Edelbrock and Carter 500 cfm
carburetors are essentially the same.  So I would assume that a Weber
500 cfm carburetor would be the same.  Per the Owner's experiences in
the Newsletter, a lot of people are very satisfied with both the
Edelbrock and Carter 500 cfm carburetors on both the Rover and Buick
3.5 engines.  I have an Edelbrock 500 cfm carburetor on my '78 MGB V8,
with a 215 Buick engine, but the car isn't completed yet.

Kevin Brown

Simon Green wrote:

> Hi All
> A quick queston, is the Edelbrock 500 and Weber 500 cab the same?
> Has any one got one on there car and are thay any good with the rover/buck
> 3.5L ?

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]