Fan Clearance

To: "MGB Newsgroup" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fan Clearance
From: "Bruce" <brucemills@dccnet.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 20:07:25 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have been looking at my Rover 3.5 - MGB conversion. Especially with
regards to the engine drive 15" fan. Once the hood is closed it only clears
by a very small 1/16 of an inch. I can't lower the engine anymore. The oil
pump adapter clears the rack by =" and I had to do a little metal beating on
the headers so the pinion (steering shaft) cleared, with the engine being
level.
I want to use the engine driven fan and use electric fan(s) for back up. I
was thinking I could cut the existing fan down to 14". That would give me
enough clearance and allow me to use a fan shroud which is provided by JC
Whitney http://www.jcwhitney.com/productnoitem.jhtml?CATID=66451
I don't' know if the company I bought it from would take it back (several
months later). And I don't know if a 14" fan is available.
Does any one have any ideas?

Thanks

Bruce