Re: transmission help

To: jphillips@cvalley.net
Subject: Re: transmission help
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2001 20:40:18 -0500
Cc: v8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Greg-

The T50 & T-5 from a V-6 will give you very "short" gears 1st, 2nd, & 3rd to
compensate for the V-6 lack of power. Your 215 conversion, on the other
hand, will have lots of power & you will be making very quick 2nd & 3rd gear
shifts.

The  Poncho is probably a T-10, a good 4-speed, it just lacks the 5th gear.
My suggestion is to keep on looking a while longer.

Jim Stuart