Buick 215 Flywheel

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Buick 215 Flywheel
From: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:47:24 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
10/17/00

Hello again,

        Thanks for the several responses.  I did see the good picture of
the flywheel with the raised rim (better terminology than "dished") both
times.  Obviously I did not ask quite the right question, so will try
again.  The rimmed flywheel obviously exists.  But one respondent earlier
stated that this was the 198 V6 flywheel.  One person also stated that both
Buick and Olds 215 wheels were flat.  All I am wondering is-----is the
consensus of the group now that these 2 are wrong and that the rimmed
flywheel is indeed the Buick 215 flywheel?  I never heard anybody make such
a statement.  Since I have never seen any Buick wheels in person, I do not
know the answer myself.

TIA

Regards,

Dave K.

10/14/00

Hello,

        Though I was in the middle of the discussion, I am still not sure
what consensus was arrived at regarding the Buick 215 flywheel. Is it flat
or dished?  The F-85 wheel is definitely flat.

Cheers,

Dave K.