Carb Jets

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb Jets
From: Rick Huber <rickhuber1@home.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 06:42:44 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sorry if this is a repeat, but I just this morning got my new account set up
for mgb-v8.  I haven't gotten any replys and am afraid I missed them.

Hi All,

I've switched e-mail services, and I don't see any mgb-v8 mail in the new
account, so please send me a copy of any returns until I make sure I'm
getting the mail from the autox.team.net server.

I'm about to change jets in my carb and am hoping to get some advice.

I've got a Rover 3.5 engine with an ISKY Z225 Cam, a Buick intake manifold
with a Carter 500 carb using a throat restrictor plate from Glen Towery that
limits flow to 400 cfm.

The problem is it runs rich, hesitates a bit when going back on the throttle
after being off, and seems to be worse when going back on the throttle when
in a turn.  It runs a bit rough at idle and I can't turn the idle below
about 900 rpm without getting too rough.  I've got two idle speed screws but
no mixture screws, I guess that adjustment is made with different jets.

So I'm thinking of buying a Carter jet kit and trying some leaner jets.  I'm
new at this carb tuning stuff, and was hoping one of you has some
significant experience here, either with this carter set-up, or in changing
jets in general.  I've watched one guy change jets in this carter carb a
couple years ago, and it looks pretty simple, I just don't want to go too
far and run lean / too hot or make some other errors.

Secondly, anybody know where I can get a Carter Carb kit that has a bunch of
jets in it, and maybe some good directions ?

Thanks,

Rick Huber
75 V8 MBB