Making absolutely sure I know where TDC is at

To: dkern@napanet.net
Subject: Making absolutely sure I know where TDC is at
From: Wake074@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 22:42:56 EDT
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Many thanks for all the ideas to double check.  This is going to sound like a
newbie question, what is the correct method for finding TDC on #1?  Assume I
know nothing (which in this case, isn't a huge leap) :-)

It is a 4 stroke engine, therefore aren't the valves on #1 closed twice per
cycle, at TDC on compression stroke and TDC on Exhaust.  If this is the case
aren't the valves on #6 both open at each time.  Am I missing something
obvious?

Sounds like I may want to figure a few things out prior to forking out
another 200 for a starter.

Glenn
Hoping I'll meet some of you at the convention this year, without a doubt the
first round will be on me