Running & on the road

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Running & on the road
From: spontius@att.net
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 18:26:28 +0000
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
My '78 MGB V8 now has 200 miles and four days on the
road.
I got back from my one tour year in Japan, towed my B
back from my brother's house and went to work.  After I
tracked down and repaired a couple of broken wires in the
FI harness the engine is running pretty well.  Installed
the driveshaft and the car is now moving under it's own
power for the first time in probably 15 years.
What a blast!  The slightest pressure on the go-pedal
just makes the car go faster.
I am very happy with the choices I made during the
buildup:  3.5 liter Federal injection, Rover LT77 5
speed, 3.07 rear, everything new or rebuilt.  Poly
bushings all around, new Armstrong lever shocks w/stock
valves, 15" Minilites with 185/65-15 Dunlop D60A2s.
I will eventually put up photos and details about all of
this when time allows, for now I am just enjoying the
car.

Scott Pontius
'78 MGB V8
San Diego