MGBV8 supercharging

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: MGBV8 supercharging
From: "John Lamont_Black" <john.lamont-black@ncl.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 11:21:34 +0000
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Hello list members

I have just joined your merry throng. I have just started in earnest the famous
BV8 conversion project;  even as we speak my little Geordie mate Britt will be
hacking and welding away inside the engine bay - I expect a bit of a shock when
I return home  tonight!

I have been thinking of ways to get a decent level of power from the engine
without burning volumes of fuel that a jet fighter would be proud of and my
question is

does anyone have any knowledge or experience of fitting a small supercharger to
the MGBV8?

I have heard that Sprintex superchargers have been fitted to a Rover 3.5 efi
(the engine I am using). I have also heard, from Tony Rullo at CAPA performance
products, that an Eaton M90 (or possibly the new MP90)  would be appropriate
for the engine. However there is the space issue. I will be using an RV8 bonnet
(oooops!..... hood) but would like no other modifications in external
 appearance.

anybody?
any thoughts?
any good?