Re: axle weights

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: axle weights
From: Jack Emery <jemery@mint.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 22:16:51 -0500
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
At 06:50 PM 3/22/00 EST, you wrote:
>FWIW:
>
>A rear axle assembly from an MGB, complete with standard differential,
brakes
>and brake drums, but no wheels, weighs 165 pounds. A Ford 9" axle, shortened
>to fit the MGB, with limited slip differential, 11" brakes and brake drums,
>but no wheels, weighs 241 pounds. I weighed them today, just to see.

We ship 8 inch narrowed Fords via UPS in 3 boxes, total weight including
boxes and packing was 171 pounds on the last one.  10 inch brakes and no
posi but with 3.50 gears.  Still a handfull, the 8 inch non posi gear chuck
boxed is 66 pounds.

I had to reference a UPS slip for this info, hope their scale is accurate.

If you want a weight surprise lift a Rover 5spd after playing with T-5s.
The Rover must weigh 30 pounds more...

Jack Emery
Glenburn Maine
207-884-8523