Re: V-8 headers

To: Wake074@aol.com
Subject: Re: V-8 headers
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 21:03:00 -0400
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
As far as I can tell, the 215 & Rover exhaust manifolds are usually used to
weigh
down crab pots or similiar. One enterprising individual did istall them
backwards
& route the exhaust forward, then down & under the engine & out the rear. Not as
pretty as some other installations, but it worker, saved him $300-700.00 in
headers.

What seems to work for most people, & is readily available, is the block hugger
style of headers in mild or stainless, & the RV8 style that goes through the
fenders. The RV8 style is available in the original 1 piece fprm, or in a 2
piece
evolution from Ted & TSI, & Glenn Towrey.

Jim Stuart