Re: Bellhousings...

To: "Jones, Daniel C" <Daniel.Jones@MW.Boeing.com>, <buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bellhousings...
From: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 01:09:31 -0700
Cc: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
OK..I have been quiet for a long time on here because I'm not currently
doing anything, but I'm still building my database of info for my brain...

I have the what I believe to be the fairly rare GM 4 speed bellhousing off
of the 63 Buick Special, and my block is the same and was the 4bbl version.
So that's what I have...Now...I know it has two seperate bolt paterns for
the tranny.  one for the 3 spd, and one for the 4spd's

NOW here is what I'm looking for... Can some type up a list of what
Transmissions will bolt up.  Not really interested in the 3spd's so you can
skip those..   So the ones I'm interested in are the 4, 5, and if any of the
GM (or other) 6 spd's will bolt up, include thoe too.

In addition, if you could mention which car/engine combination they come out
of that would be helpful when Bone-Yarding for the parts....Strength is
concern of course, and I'm also interested in wheather the cases are Iron or
Aluminum.  I would like an All Aluminum drive live.  Just becasue I think it
would be cool...Plus it woul dbe light in wieght.

Anyway, there it is...See what you can come up with.  Oh One more Question.
Will this bellhousing fit the British Blocks? and if so, All of them or just
some.  I have though of abandoning the use of this block for the updated
british block which is stronger and has the EFI heads..

Thanks in advance!...
Rich