Re: T5 shifter question

To: Timothy Duhamel <tduhamel@prototechco.com>
Subject: Re: T5 shifter question
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 19:06:55 -0400
Cc: Wake074@aol.com, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
All-

The cheap shifter for a GM T-5 tranny is a shifter from a Chevy S-10 pickup or
Blazer. It will place the lever straight up. The Camero shifter will be at about
a 15` angle to compensate for the rotated trans location in the Camero, & is not
a good choice. The arm on the S-1- will be too long, & it may not come up in the
tunnel hole just where you want it. What I did was cut off the original lever
very close to the base & have a MG lever welded to the stub. This is the time to
have any bending done.

Jim Stuart