Re: FW: MGV8 speed events at Champagne

To: larryhoy@cwix.com, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: MGV8 speed events at Champagne
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 20:08:37 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
In a message dated 5/28/99 9:03:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
larryhoy@cwix.com writes:

> I got this on the MG list and thought I would pass it along for all who were
>  not able to attend these convention.
>
>  Larry Hoy, Denver, CO USA

Larry and fellow MGBV8 enthusiasts,

It's unfortunate that Rick Ingram's report is not a little bit more accurate.
The truth is, the TR6 (mine) turned in a very respectable 73 mph on two back
to back runs. According to contemporary test reports when new, the TR6 turned
speeds ranging from 72 mph (carburetor version) to 82 mph (150HP PI version).
73 mph doesn't seem to me to be all that bad!

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://members.aol.com/danmas/
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74