Re: was 4.2 L locked up- Help! now: engine turns freely

To: Susan and John Roper <vscjohn@iamerica.net>
Subject: Re: was 4.2 L locked up- Help! now: engine turns freely
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 21:07:20 -0500
Cc: MGV8 list <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>, Woody Cooper <SMCTR8@aol.com>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
John-

Checked that before the tranny went in the first time. I was very
cautious about that since the Rover pilot bearing is a different o.d.
than the Buick, & I had to have a pilot bearing turned to fit. Also,
removing the tranny did not free the engine. It is a logical thing to
check, though, more logical than wondering if I did the installation at
the wrong phase of the Moon, or if the engine was not properly aligned
with Venus, which is where I am now.

Again, thanks for all the ideas & suggestions.

Jim