RE: Quality of new 3.07 CWP

To: Scott Pontius <spontius@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: RE: Quality of new 3.07 CWP
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 08:54:35 -0800
Cc: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Scott:

        I picked up a slightly damaged Mike Satur ring and pinion from
Ian Pender when I visited him a couple of months ago.  The original
customer stated that it had been damaged in shipping.  Yeah right.  It
looks like it had been installed with the incorrect mesh.  The edges of
a couple of the gears had spalled and bits had jammed in between the
teeth.  Mike Satur warrantied this one, even though from my inspection I
would not have.  From this, it would appear that Mike stands behind his
product.
        The gears appear to be well made, though I do not have any
hardness data on them.  The gears have been out on the market long
enough for any production problems to be evident, and I have heard
nothing yet.
        I plan on dressing the damaged teeth and installing the set on a
Quafe L.S.D. in my 79 MGB.  I will let the list know how it goes.

Kelvin Dodd
Asst. Wholesale Sales Manager
Moss Distributing, Ltd., CARS
(800) 228-4574 / (800) 882-1349