RE: spark plugs

To: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net, "'BlkfxdWG@aol.com'" <BlkfxdWG@aol.com>
Subject: RE: spark plugs
From: Paul.Kile@Aerojet.com (KILE, PAUL D)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 12:47:30 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Just a note here - remember that there are two different cylinder head
configurations used on the Rover/Buick V-8s when it comes to spark
plugs.  The early heads (up through 1976) used 18mm short reach plugs
(Champion L92Y, for example).  The later SD1 style heads used a 14mm
long reach design (like the Champion N-9Y).  These are of course not
interchangeable.

I think there is a larger brand selection for the 14mm plugs than for
the 18mm style.

Cheers,
Paul Kile
1974 Factory MGB-GT V-8