CA V8'S, CBAR

To: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net (IPM Return Requested)
Subject: CA V8'S, CBAR
From: William G Abbott <william.g.abbott#064#boeing.com@mail.mdc.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1998 12:48:33 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
For those you that care,  I have  several pieces of information from the CBAR
(California Bureau Automotive Repair) smog nazis.  The CBAR mentions
there was no EGR on the engine and then lists five smog
component requirements.  I am trying to find  through the CBAR if the exhaust
manifolds
(original 80 Rover) are part of the original equipment in SMOG.
I would like to upgrade and beat the requirements ahead of the Cat
There is also a section where the CBAR flow chart asks for "does this engine
have any
"extra" emission devices from different vehicle make, year or state.
Well, this is where a referee Inspection is required. (CBAR field office)
 I'll be there this Friday morning asking for the "vehicle compliance check
list"
with instruction as to what devices are to be installed or repaired.
 The flow chart also asks if the "engine was ever offered by the manufacturer
in the vehicle" Any comments, does anyone know how nasty
and possibly limiting the exhaust manifolds can be for the mod?
Worst case scenario, perhaps, nasty original manifolds through the inner
fender wells, pass smog , then convert to a better exhaust for two years.
I guess Friday will tell.  What they don't know after smog will not hurt them.
This is a real pain.
BILL