motor mounts

To: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: motor mounts
From: Jack Emery <jemery@mint.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 20:42:43 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
The only important thing in setting up your motor mounts for a chrome car is
to have the rack fall just forward of the leading edge of the oil pan, and
as have the engine as low as possible.  My '67 has a 2 inch setback from the
factory position.  The rack nestles between the pan edge and the balancer.
I use a uncut alloy hood and no bulges.  Note that the stock 4's crank is
parallel to the centerline of the car whereas GM tilts the engine 7 degrees
down in the rear.  The GM intake tilts the carb forward to match the hood slope.

Mounts are not difficult to build, but anyone who has built more than 1
MGB-V8 will tell you that there are no 2 cars alike.  Makes dimensional
drawings a wasted effort in most cases.  With the photo of the mount and a
good fabricator doing the work it is easy.

Fire up that torch!!!