Re: V8 Radiator

To: Rick Huber <102221.1716@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: V8 Radiator
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 19:04:27 -0500
Cc: MGB V8 List <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Rick-

If you are doing a conversion, I strongly recommend an up-rated high
efficiency core. The new core can be 2-3" longer than stock, as well.
With a new core, you will still use the old top & bottom tanks with the
outlets modified. When assembled, you should have no leaks. The old core
is not really adequate to handle the V8 heat output, especially in the
summer.

I just ordered such a radiator for a friend of mine doing a conversion.
He supplied an old 77 radiator. The radiator shop is switching the
outlets around, adding 2 bungs, one for the return line from the remote
fill tank, one to accept a temp sensor to activate the fan, adding a
drain plug, modifying the old mounting brackets to fit the longer
radiator. This will be a duplicate of the one in my GT with A/C. Cost
$250.00 for a nice looking job that really cools.

I am in the Washington, DC area, and would be glad to help in any way.

Jim Stuart