Re: MGB-V8 budget

To: John Steczkowski <stecz@pswtech.com>
Subject: Re: MGB-V8 budget
From: "Christopher G. Moog" <cgmoog@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 13:58:26 -0500
Cc: mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
John Steczkowski wrote:

> How much should I budget toward an MGB-V8 conversion? I want to start

My experience (not finished yet)

Engine transmission complete from SD1 $1100 (if I were doing it again I
would just get the engine and purchase an T-5 Transmission ~$400-$500 for
engine, ~$300 transmission plus adapter costs)

Engine Rebuild $2500 (I probably spent more than I should have and
definitely more than I could have but this is what I wanted.  Could get by
with ~$1500 complete rebuild)

Clutch $250
Rear Axle $50 (Ford 8 inch)
Rear axle shortening has not been done put have quote for ~$330 if I change
ratio and add limited slip another $400.

Other expenses (either already spent or my planned amount)
Headers ~$300
Radiator ~$200
Exhaust ~$200
Induction (cost for intake and carb, although I'm going to use a modified
EFI)  ~$500
Drive Shaft ~$150
Water and oil pump changes ~$100

All told $5680.  Can it be done for less, most definitely.  Is it worth it,
I hope so.  Also the expenses have been spread out over several years.
Until I wrote this E-mail I had never added up the totals spent (which is
much higher than I expected).