Re: [Mg-t] Looking more like a car every day...

To: Richard Lindsay <richardolindsay@gmail.com>, "mgs@autox.team.net List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "mg-t@autox.team.net" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Looking more like a car every day...
From: Jesus Vicente Benajes Calvo <jbenajes@mot.upv.es>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 08:45:27 +0000
Accept-language: es-ES, en-US
Hi Rick,

First of all: kudos for the excellent restoration job! I went through this
some years ago, albeit not so fast and probably with less degree of success.

Regarding your question, I think to remember (my TD sleeps around 50 miles
from my home) that the spring is attached to a small tapered bracket clamped
with the upper starter bolt, that you can see on the attached photo (with no
spring, indeed).

Regards.

Jesus