Re: [Mg-t] TD Steering Rack

To: "Gene Fodor" <crownwheel@surfglobal.net>, "'Ted Jackson'"
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] TD Steering Rack
From: "BOB GRUNAU" <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:27:26 -0500
Absolutely. Grease will NOT flow to the gears or the shafts for lubrication.
Use gear oil.
Bob Grunau
Canada

I've just gotten in on this thread and do I understand correctly, that the
tach gear box from the generator to the tach should also have 90W and not
grease?
Tks
Gene
Vermont

Hi John,

See http://omgtr.ca/technical/highpressureoiler/highpressureoiler.htm for
how to make a dedicated oiler for the steering rack and the tachometer
gearbox (as Bob Grunau recommends).  Either of the oilers will work better
on the rack with a long flexible nozzle. I use a 90 weight Marine Gear Oil
for both applications.  Cheaper than the synthetics that I use in tranny and
differential.