Re: [Mg-t] [Mgs] Is Valvoline VR1 OK for everyday use?

To: "Bob Grunau" <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>, "Carl French"
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] [Mgs] Is Valvoline VR1 OK for everyday use?
From: <anngene@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 18:43:27 -0500
Bob wrote:
"I have used Valvoline VR-1 20W-50 racing oil in my race TC and road MGs.
Last year I had to strip the TC race engine apart. After 10 years racing,
with oil and filter changed each spring, the engine internals looked like
new. No wear on the crankshaft, bearings needed to be replaced, ( after 10
years racing small wonder )   , camshaft was good , lifters were good.

My road TC also has used Valvoline VR-1 20W-50 racing oil for the last four
 years. Fortunately have not had to strip down the engine yet.

The only problem I see is the price quoted in the attachment, $11.99 US$ per
quart borders on highway robbery. Cost should be less than half that."

Thanks Bob,

And that webpage url was attached, not for the cost, but for the verbiage.
I buy VR1 at Autozone for a whole lot less ($3.89 a quart).

Gene Gillam
Saucier, MS