Re: [Mg-t] paint

To: lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] paint
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 10:32:11 -0400
Hi Lew,
   It is disappointing that you have not been able to find it.  I used my
last can a year or two back when I repainted my wheels, and assumed that
a color used by Ford for 20 years or so would still be available.
Apparently not, alas.  On my shelf of rattle cans I have a Plasti-Kote GM
7161 that seems about right.
   The TD wheels were not a bright silver. Difficult to describe, but
when you see a wheel that is too bright its color stands out.  The Ford
color was silver but appears to me to be a bit darker than Krylon or
Rustoleum sprays.  If you can't find the Ford argent, it would seem that
poking around the cans of touch-up paint, both auto and truck,  at the
auto parts store would uncover one that is close enough that it does not
matter.  Next time I am in NAPA, I will look.
Bob

On Sat, 16 May 2009 08:37:58 -0500 "Lew Palmer"
<lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com> writes:
> Bob,
>
> I have recently been repainting some TD wheels and have tried
> without
> success to find any supplied of the correct silver-gray paint. You
> mention
> Ford Argent, but that is not showing up in any manufacturer's books.
> Also,
> there is no current reference to any of the paint codes on "The
> Original MG
> TD" web site.
>
> Does anyone have a color formula for the Ford Argent?
>
> Cheers,
> Lew Palmer

http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTOVoLjvQaK9IKui6J1lbVQ6
SgJ