[Mg-t] Blinkers & Shaved Heads

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mg-t] Blinkers & Shaved Heads
From: gunnellj@athenet.net
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 01:52:24 -0400
HELLO

   Thaks for all the advice on the blinkers. We put in a new brake light switch
and a new flasher and cleaned up all the contacts on the relay. Then I
(finally) replaced the Lucar vacuum switch with a simple toggle switch. Not
original, but should work better and last longer.  I had well over $200 in
getting the Lucas switches "fixed" and they never last long after the repair. I
had also bought a new one and it didn't work at all. So I will toggle my way to
happiness from now on.

   As for the head, I got a lot of good input with ideas from shims to
shortening the push rods to using thick gaskets, but my basic question never
really was answered.

If the factory head measurement is 3.022 (according to Moss) and my head
measues 3.000, do I really have to worry?

John Gunnell