Re: [Mg-t] Gas leak Jet Bearing

To: na7db@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Gas leak Jet Bearing
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 13:04:26 -0400
  It can be done in the car easily enough.  Fig B.19 in the WS manual
appears quite complicated, but once the pieces are in your hand they are
easy to identify and to refit.
  The only fussy parts are getting the two dished brass gland washers and
the cork glands into place.  The upper dished washer sometimes sticks in
the jet bearing. Tapping the bearing on your workbench or with a
screwdriver handle will cause it to drop out. Soak the corks in oil for
24 hours or longer before trying to fit them as they sometimes arrive dry
and brittle.  Use new copper washers unless the old ones are perfect.
  Some prefer O-rings to the cork. There once was a tech article in TSO
that might give the size of the O-ring.
Bob