Re: [Mg-t] SU fuel pump

To: ddubois@sinclair.net, mgbob@juno.com
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] SU fuel pump
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 18:01:33 EST
In a message dated 1/28/2008 11:20:14 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ddubois@sinclair.net writes:

> Terry - "...was to connect it to the tail light wire so I would not have
> to run an extra wire. You can then control it by switching on your tail
> lights...."
> What about when you are driving at night (or do you avoid that?), if
> your pumps are plumbed in series, having both pumps run at the same time
> will cause an increased pressure, which could over power the float bowl
> needle valves and cause flooding.  The other potential problem there is
> if the primary pumps fails in a current on condition and power is left
> on, it will overheat the pump and ultimately burn out the coil if left
> on for a long enough period.

All I can say Dave is that overpressure has never been a problem and I do
drive at night.  The back up pump is one of those square ones and ever since I
installed it years ago, the SU doesn't dare fail and hasn't!!
Terry<BR><BR><BR>**************<BR>Start the year off right.  Easy ways to stay
in shape.<BR>
http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489</HTML>