MG TD oil leak

To: mg-t@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MG TD oil leak
From: Mike Duvall <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 19:45:57 -0500
My MG TD had the typical drip when you shut if off but recently the
puddle has grown quite large.   It is dripping when I drive and it
rolls out pretty good when you shut it off resulting in an 18" spill
underneath after the puddle soaks in.   I am somewhat concerned that
it suddenly is leaking more than before.

Should I be using 30 weight oil instead of a multiweight?  Could
lightweight oil drip worse than thicker oil?  What would cause a
change?  There is a pretty good layer of gray form-a-gasket on the
pan with only a few thousand miles since a rebuild.

Any suggestions?