Re: Transistors, diodes and fuel pumps

To: "JohnD" <johnsfolly@gmail.com>, "MG" <mg-t@autox.team.net>, "Rick
Subject: Re: Transistors, diodes and fuel pumps
From: "Bob Donahue" <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 00:17:07 -0400
A diode in series with the positive supply lead will protect an electronic
device from reverse voltage. Perhaps this is how this particular device is
designed. It is even possible to use four diodes (called a bridge) to make
an electronic device polarity independent. I've seen a CB radio that was
designed this way.

Bob Donahue (Still Stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
Cars:       52 MGTD - #17639