Mystery Pin

To: "Nels Anderson" <nels@flightsim.com>
Subject: Mystery Pin
From: "Bob Donahue" <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 21:23:34 -0400
That's a 'normal' motor oil leak. The hole is to drain the motor oil that
leaks into the clutch housing. The cotter pin is supposed to bounce around
and keep the hole from plugging up. A teaspoon or so of oil comes out of
this hole every time the engine stops, but not when the engine is running
(something about an oil thrower/slinger). I'm sure someone will explain how
this
works.

Bob Donahue (Still Stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com