repost of more side screen problems

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: repost of more side screen problems
From: "Douglas Ormrod" <Douglas.Ormrod@neurological.org.nz>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 15:39:34 +1200
Hi again T typers

I'm sending this again because the measurements were messed up due to
some HTML incompatibility. Sorry about that.

Thanks to all who responded to my question re the wire frame for my
front TD
side curtains - especially to those who offered to send me a pair - I
have
gratefully accepted one of these offers.

Another problem has arisen. My original poor quality replacement side
curtains did not come with the chrome strips on the outside so I bought
a set of these plus screws from Moss (part # 252 208 for the two bow
hood TD). Only trouble is that all of the vertical strips are too long
by 1/2" to 1" - what ever combination I try they don't fit. My
measurements indicate that from back to front of the car the vertical
strips should be about 8 1/2", 9", 9" and 9 3/4" long. The strips Moss
sent are either 10 1/2" or 10 1/8" long. The horizontal strips are OK.

I plan to take this up with Moss, but thought I would first ask if any
of you had experienced a similar problem?  If so what was the solution -
can one shorten the strips?

Cheers

Douglas