Re: Attachment of Cowl Rubber

To: wtsnyder@bellsouth.net
Subject: Re: Attachment of Cowl Rubber
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:48:38 -0500
Bill,
    It's attached with nails, little flat-head nails.  They are steel,
but those in my TD have darkened to the color of old brass.  The heads
are about 1/8" diameter; I don't know the wire gauge or their length as
they have never been pulled out, but my guess is that it is 18 ga.
These are not the large heads of upholsterer's tacks.  Spacing of the
nails on my car is 3-4 inches apart. It varies, the first two on each
side being 3" apart, then the rest being 4" + and -  1/4"  apart
thereafter.
Bob

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:53:54 -0500 "Bill Snyder" <wtsnyder@bellsouth.net>
writes:
> Can anyone on the list tell me how to properly attach the rubber
> strip that goes accross the cowl wood on TD's to cushion the bonnet?
Does
> it simply glue on with trim adhesive, or is some type of screw or brad
> used to attach it?
   snip