Re: Bob's Brake Saga - Brake Cylinder Orientation Update

To: "mg-t" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bob's Brake Saga - Brake Cylinder Orientation Update
From: "Bob Donahue" <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:47:27 -0500
Servo-action rocks! Now that I have both sides properly configured as
leading-shoes, the car is stopping straight and there's much more braking
power. It feels like power brakes. If you're into vectors, you can see that
the friction between the lining and the drum is adding to the piston force
in the leading shoe configuration. In the trailing shoe configuration, the
friction is opposing the piston. Now I know why my cars of yore had such
poor braking power in reverse.

Bob Donahue (Still Stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
Cars:       52 MGTD - #17639