Re: ChiComs & Rover?MG

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ChiComs & Rover?MG
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 12:53:10 -0500
Mike Duvall wrote:

> I don't think the ChiComs actually bought Rover/MG, just paying the
> government to sell the cars, I mean their putting together an agreement
> with Shanghai Automotive.  I think they are growing tired of French
> engineering and want to switch to British:)

If they start making MGs and jumping through the necessary hoops to
get them into the USA, they'll be just fine with me, especially if
they hire some good British and American engineers to design the first
generation. I also reckon having MGs to drive in China will tend to
work against the totalitarianism that had plagued that country for so
long. Tooling around twisty roads with the top down simply has to
invest a person in individual liberty.

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
JJ Cale Live CD and video: http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm