NEMGTR

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: NEMGTR
From: "Scott Allen" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 03:24:10 -0400
Wow.  Over a year in Iraq and this is what I come back to.

It's your club, and as such it's only as good as it's members.  You don't
like things change it.  You don't like who's in charge throw them out.

I grew up with the T register.  Literally.  My earliest memories of T-types
were in the early 70's at GOF West's in Santa Barbara on Monterey so I'm not
going to give the NEMGTR up easily.  In the meantime I've been in clubs for
Healey's, Alfa's, and other than T-type MG's.

So here's my take: it takes a special person to set aside family, work,
friends and t-types to do something, anything for something you don't get
paid for, and yet the folks at the NEMGTR do it every day.

All because they love our cars.

In the meantime people on the list are carping while they think their only
obligation to THEIR club is paying their dues on time.

You don't like things, get off your backside and do something about it.

Meanwhile there's an ad in this month's TSO for a new editor.  I'm stepping
up.

Maj. S. E. Allen, USA
52 TD
74 1/2 BGT