Re:

To: gunnellj@krause.com
Subject: Re:
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 12:26:29 -0500
John,
   Though it's not visible in the workshop manual, Moss does show a
spacer, #372-030 carb-to-manifold, in its catalogue as a TF item.  Thus
the four gaskets would be used because of the spacer.  If you don't have
the spacer, you could use two for carb carb to manifold, and two for carb
to air cleaner.
    Is the intake manifold iron?  I've never thought about it.....  If
it's ferrous metal, a magnet would reveal the presence or absence of the
spacer glued to the manifold.
    There is less room under the TF's bonnet; many say that their TF
engines run hotter because of less air space, and some have installed
heat shields between carb and manifold. The spacer may be another way of
separating the carbs from exhaust manifold heat.
Bob