52 TD oil leak

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: 52 TD oil leak
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 08:13:30 -0800 (PST)
Just getting used to the 52 TD I am caretaking for (and selling). I
brought the car to my home yesterday from it's owners place about 15 miles
from here. When it got home there was oil on the right side wing where
it had blown through the louvers. The engine block has a few areas of
oil on it and I have not had the chance to clean the block yet. This is
my first experience with the T series. I am very used to B series
blocks. Is this a front mail seal situation? There does appear to be some
from there. I do not know the exact mileage on this car  and I do know
the car's engine has not had any work done to it in the last few years
(Very low annual mileage). Looking for ideas from the peanut gallery.
Carl French
67B
74B
86XJ