Re: Tire Pressure

To: Stu Keen <simbafish@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Tire Pressure
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 09:58:31 -0600
Stu:

It will ride like a buckboard and find every crack in the pavement.
Years ago, the first year I drove the NEMGTR marathon we had biased ply
tires on the TD.  They were inflated to somthing like 32 PSI.  The car
would find every lengthwise track in the Pennsy turnpike and try to drop
in like ruts.  The car would pitch back and fourth as it squirmed along
every crack.  It was one of the most nerve wracking and uncomforataable
drives I've done.  After that the car was equipped with radials without
tubes inflated to 24-26 PSI.  I've discussed the tube thing with MGA
twin cam vintage racers and many also say tubes are aren't necessary
even with the TD's riveted rim.

I used tubeless radials on my TD for autocrossing for several years.
Never had one go down.

As to inflation pressure, check out those given for the MGB.  It came
out initially with bias ply tires, but all of the last cars had
radials.  What the factory recommended for MGB should be usable with the
TD as the suspension system and car weight are practically the same as
the TD's.

Blake